Easter service

Posted by Trina Rae Sunday, April 8, 2012

This morning, I took all the kids to church.  It's a very special service--the cross, made with branches from the Christmas tree, is adorned with flowers.  It's a very wonderful, beautiful tradition.  Over her seven years, Franny has always placed flowers, sometimes with Grandma and sometimes with me.  This year, she did it with Grandpa.  It was lovely.

The service, is always a shortened service--there is no Sunday school, and the kids remain with the congregation.  All three did amazingly well for not being regular church-goers.  With the exception of Delaney asking Are we done? during one of quiet transitions, I think our presence went more or less unnoticed, which I think is more than I thought I could hope for.  I know I exhaled a very strong sigh of relief when the pastor delivered the benediction!

Since the kids have been born, I have not attended church very frequently, and it is something that I really miss.  I really enjoyed being there today with my three wonderful children, who attended because Sometimes we have to do things that Mom wants to do, as Cole so elegantly put it.  I suppose it doesn't matter how we all got there, but just that we did.

Happy Easter, everyone!

 Decorating the cross

The kids in front of the decorated cross

Beautiful Franny

Handsome Cole

 Delaney eating cake (she actually just ate the frosting and jellybeans)

Running wild--one of the things they do best!

0 comments

Post a Comment