Cole in the Serengeti

Posted by Trina Rae Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cole and I haven’t had much one-on-one time since Delaney was born, as she has really monopolized my time, as well as both my hands! Until recently, I used the time Franny was in school for Cole’s classes. But with Franny going one more day, as well as us scaling our classes back a bit, we have some additional time together. I am looking forward to having this unstructured time with Cole, where we will be able to get out and do things without being limited to a typical routine. For us, it’s a different way of using some of our time together, but I think it is going to be a positive change.

This morning, we headed to the Zoo to check out the new Predators of the Serengeti exhibit in Africa. It was very impressive—Zawadi Mungu, meaning "gift of God," is the male of the zoo's new lion pride. He accompanies Kya and Neka, two females, in the exhibit. We saw all of them roaming around and climbing the landscape. The waterfalls and immense boulders backing up against green space really give the exhibits a remote and serene atmosphere. It was fun to just have Cole (and a napping Delaney), as I could really see his reactions and talk to him about what he was looking at. We went at a slow and methodical ‘Cole pace’, and he led our way. It was a really wonderful morning. I can’t wait until our next adventure!

006 008 016

0 comments

Post a Comment