Farewell

Posted by Trina Rae Tuesday, December 7, 2010

We were deeply saddened to learn that the kids’ pediatrician, Dr. Jeffrey Miller, passed away on Sunday.  It was unexpected--he suffered severe head trauma after falling from the roof of his home and wasn’t able to be saved.  It is a terrible and devastating loss. He was a wonderful doctor—kind and patient, and always had a genuine interest in the kids and their well being.  The world was a better place with him in it.  I’ve had a very heavy heart the last two days.  I am so sad for his family, which included two young kids, and as we continue with our lives and our holiday traditions I can’t help but think of their overwhelming loss and wonder how they are coping.  It makes me hug my family a little tighter and be thankful that we are healthy and happy.  And, it also makes me thankful that Dr. Miller was a part of our lives, even if was for just five years.  At this point, I don’t know who will step into his place as the kids’ pediatrician.  But, I do know he will never be replaced in our hearts. 

 

IMG_3889

0 comments

Post a Comment