Christmas cards

Posted by Trina Rae Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Since Franny was born, I have put a lot of effort into our Christmas cards.  I've always tried to do something a little different than the normal cards.  Because I've always made them myself, it does take a lot of work and that is after I have finally come up with an idea that I really like.  I would assume that most people have received our cards right around December 24th.  Some later, though, I am sure.

This year, I just couldn't do it.  I feel a little swamped and out of balance.  More than usual, that is.  I couldn't find the right picture, couldn't take a better picture, and didn't want to think about it anymore.  I got online, picked out a few pictures, and now they are scheduled to arrive on my doorstep tomorrow.  No running around from store to store to find the right color of card stock.  No going through multiple  glue sticks and stacking books on all the cards so they don't warp.  No shopping for envelopes, digging through my supplies for more envelopes, and no more cutting and trimming pictures to fit on the card stock that will then fit in the envelope.  I rationalized that no one really cares but me.  Unfortunately, I do care, and I hope that next year I can find the picture or idea that I am happy with and will do all of that again.  But, the up-side is that I can replace all that self-induced stress with holiday cheer, the Christmas spirit, and a little more patience with my wonderful, beautiful family.  And, that is a worthwhile up-side, because they deserve it!

My last attempt...I still love the matching pajamas...







1 Responses to Christmas cards

  1. cherl Says:
  2. I dragged my feet this year, too, because I came up with a fun card that I wanted to make. Only, I wasn't able to come up with all the pieces that I needed. In the end, I snapped some photos of the kids 12/1 and ordered the cards online that evening. SO MUCH EASIER. Next year I'll start earlier, too, so I can make the fun card I wanted to do this year. :-)

     

Post a Comment