Decorating

Posted by Trina Rae Sunday, December 11, 2011

There was a time when I would never have let Delaney decorate the tree in a Cinderella gown or indulge all kids the opportunity to the star on the tree (twice!)  These are classic photo opportunities...or more like requirements...to be preserved forever, and everyone should be in coordinating outfits with a big smile representing the perfect spirit of the holidays.  Three kids later, I have come to realize all that doesn't matter.  No, the pictures aren't perfect, but they are real and they are us.  And, that doesn't diminish the Christmas spirit--if anything it amplifies it.  Unconditional love.  Acceptance.  Sharing.  Patience (okay, I need more of this...).  More love (lots of it!!!).  Maybe perfect should be redefined, because even if I could, I wouldn't change a thing!






0 comments

Post a Comment