Off to the theater

Posted by Trina Rae Saturday, May 26, 2012

Rick takes the kids on lots of weekend adventures, and they all love them.  My time with the kids--and especially during the school year--is more about routine and taking care of what needs to be done, as there is no shortage of what needs to be done!   I wouldn't say that they always love it--homework, shuttling to classes, and the like really can't compete with bowling, trips to the zoo, and the Children's Museum.  And, encouraging healthy meals and snacks, limiting media, and teaching them to clean up after themselves don't win me any popularity points, either. But, I'm okay with that--I feel so fortunate to be able stay home with the kids, and it's a job I take seriously.  Raising good, healthy kids is hard work, but I do find it incredibly rewarding and wouldn't have it any other way.

Every once in a while, however, they do have a 'Mom adventure' that is fun and doesn't involve any of those must-do's.  Today, I took the kids to the Oregon Children Theater's production of If You Give A Mouse A Cookie.  All three kids love this silly series of books, and I knew they'd get a kick out of going to see the play.  And, they did--they all loved it and laughed from beginning to end.  Because the adaptation didn't use the same style of writing that is characteristic of the books, Delaney didn't quite understand it was the same story, but she still enjoyed it.  All in all, a very fun afternoon adventure.

And, I finally got to be the 'fun' mom!





0 comments

Post a Comment