Big brother, little sister

Posted by Trina Rae Thursday, July 9, 2009

With Franny in preschool, Cole was able to have some one-on-one time with his little sister, this week. I want to maximize this time, and encourage Cole to interact with her, even though her responses are relatively minimal at this point. Although it can sometimes be challenging, I really try to avoid saying ‘no’ to him unless it’s absolutely necessary (fingers in the ears); I want him to feel confident in his relationship with her, and to really feel that he has a special relationship with her. With two years of experience, Franny was already very sure of herself as a big sister from the day Delaney came home. But, this is new territory for Cole, and I can see his uncertainty with both her and himself, as he adjusts to our new family dynamics. And, it makes me see just how important these few hours a week together can be. I still remember how pleased Franny was when Cole reached out and touched her face for the first time. I can’t wait for those kind of moments between these two.

005

008

006

0 comments

Post a Comment