The gang

Posted by Trina Rae Wednesday, July 15, 2009

035

Meet the gang, as they affectionately refer to themselves.  I could also call them my weekend warriors or my unsung heroes.  They go for long excursions in the morning hours, providing a quiet house where a weary mama can sleep (Miss D. willing), returning in time only for a quick lunch before they retreat to their rooms for naps and quiet time.  They do the grocery shopping, get the tires rotated on the car, fill up the gas tank, and all the other random errands that, although necessary, would never get done.  The gang also always brings me coffee and a paper so I can do my crossword puzzle and Sudoku.   They are wonderful, and have made a huge difference in my being able to manage these first weeks of caring for a newborn, without becoming overwhelmed and succumbing to the chaos.   I miss them terribly, however, and am looking forward to the time when we can all be a more united family, again.  But now, with Delaney being just shy of four weeks old, a routine of any kind is still amiss, and she needs the opportunity to sleep,eat, and thrive with as little complication as possible.  Eventually, we will join the gang—I’m looking forward to that.  But, for now, Delaney and I will take our quiet mornings, most appreciatively!   

0 comments

Post a Comment