Coming together

Posted by Trina Rae Monday, March 29, 2010

This proud face is of an almost-three year old who completed his first 25 piece puzzle entirely by himself.  Cole has always loved puzzles, but he has also always needed a little help to get them completed.  Today, he surprised me by sitting and working on his puzzle by himself while I cleaned up our room.  He was slow and steady, commenting to himself about edge pieces and corner pieces and about what different pieces were a part of, like Bert’s boot or Ernie’s face.  Before I knew it, he had it done!  I think he was very pleased, and liked me making a big deal about it.  Every day they take a step forward, sometimes it may seem to be just the smallest of ways, but to me it is all a big deal.  This time, like many other times, it’s the look on his face that really makes it special, because it’s clear that it meant something to him, as well!  

 

003

0 comments

Post a Comment

Labels