The tipper

Posted by Trina Rae Monday, March 8, 2010

Some days just don’t get started on a positive note.  And then there are some days where it seems like nothing is going right to the point where the anticipation that something further is going to go wrong casts a dark shadow on the rest of the day.  Our morning was a disaster from the beginning, and I was starting to think today would be one of those days.  But, I really didn’t want it to be one of those days, and while driving Franny to school (thirty minutes late), I decided that it would not be one of those days.  And, finally a little someone gave me a lot of help and tipped the day in our favor.  Sweet Delaney, after being pulled from her crib and woken up fifteen minutes into her nap, in order to take Franny to school, returned home and went to sleep again without even a complaint and proceeded to take a solid nap, as if she had never been interrupted.  Given my experience with her two elder siblings, I thought this was an impossible feat.  Delaney, however, proved me wrong.  And although the rest of the day was definitely not smooth sailing, everything went so much better, and I owe the rescue of our day to Delaney.  And, I think that more than makes up for the four times she got up last night. 

 

045

0 comments

Post a Comment

Labels