Skippyjon Cole

Posted by Trina Rae Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cole loves Skippyjon Jones books.   They are very comical and creative books, and really, what’s not to love about a Siamese cat that pretends he is a Chihuahua? Right now, Cole’s favorite is Skippyjon Jones and the Big Bones.  We have read the book hundreds of times, but we’ve never used the audio CD that came with it.  Today, while I was putting away clothes, I asked Cole if he wanted to listen to the book on CD.  I didn’t expect him to really follow the story with the CD, but I thought he’d get a kick out of it, since he is so into the book, and I could help him keep the pages in sync with the narration.  But, from the first time, (he listened to it four times in a row) he followed the story with the CD, and turned the page exactly when he should.  Although we do read this book every day at least once, I was surprised that he followed it spot on.  He also started to sing along with parts of it, laughed at other parts, threw his hands up high over his head when Skippyjon was bouncing on his bed high up to the ceiling, and spoke along with sections, as well.  It was extremely fun to watch him, and I think he liked ‘reading’ the book by himself. 

 

001

0 comments

Post a Comment

Labels