Off to school

Posted by Trina Rae Tuesday, April 6, 2010

016 020

 

Today was Cole’s first day of preschool.  He was very excited.  Although he was already very familiar with the school, we visited several days so he would be familiar with the structure and the teachers.  From the first day, he was very involved with all the activities, talked to the teachers, and played with other kids, so I really thought his first day would be easy for him.  I was still slightly nervous, however, how my leaving him would go.  I showed him his cubby and we put away his things; he insisted on hanging up his hat on the hook, as well.  I did a puzzle with him, and then told him it was time for me to go.  His response: I’ll get the door for you!.  My apprehension was obviously unwarranted.  He had a great day.  When I picked him up he was laughing and playing with two other boys in the sensory table.  When I asked him if he was ready to go, he said  I want to play!    I was so thrilled that he had such a great day.  I will miss him during his school days, but I am very excited for him and the experiences he is going to have. 

0 comments

Post a Comment

Labels