Bridging the distance

Posted by Trina Rae Wednesday, September 1, 2010

IMG_0977

 

Given how we live and organize our lives, it is hard to imagine not having a computer, using email or Facebook, texting (my latest favorite), or even having a companion laptop.  The need to be connected, wherever we may be, has utmost importance.  I respect the point of view some critics have, that all these high tech devices and applications are diminishing our personal contact.  And, I do I think it is important to have a healthy balance of these within our lives.  Having said that, I must say that I love my iPhone.  It’s sleek and efficient, and it’s core applications are just so relevant.   Yesterday, the kids enjoyed talking to their California cousins using the iPhone’s Facetime—a video call through the phone.  Yes, a simple call would have been sufficient, but to be able to see their smiling, laughing faces put a whole new dimension to the call they shared.  So, say what you will about technology and it’s place in our lives, but bridging 1000 miles between these sweet kids is a wonderful thing, and witnessing this one call just made me love my iPhone even more. 

1 Responses to Bridging the distance

  1. cherl Says:
  2. Totally agree with you. We love this new ability to share goofy smiles and belly- aching laughs with you guys. So fun!!

     

Post a Comment