C is for Cole

Posted by Trina Rae Monday, November 15, 2010

IMG_3283

 

If you think this is just doodling over Cole’s name tag, think again.  It actually is ‘Cole’ written by himself.  It is also the first time that he has spontaneously written any word in it’s entirety.  Cole can read his name, as well as a few other words, but he has never really done any writing of letters or words.  So, I was very surprised when he said he wanted to write his name on his name tag (it’s supposed to be my name under his).  I thought he was just going to make some sort of doodle, but he made his little C, looked up at me and said ‘C’ and then did the same for O, L, and E.   It may be only handwriting a mother can appreciate, but it is his handwriting, and I think it’s wonderful!

0 comments

Post a Comment