Back in the pool

Posted by Trina Rae Monday, March 28, 2011

Like Franny, Cole started swim lessons when he was very young.  He swam continually from ten months old up until two years, when time Delaney was born.  At that point, we put swimming on hold and prioritized gymnastics, because it logistically easier to balance with Franny’s activities.  Now, nearly two years later, Cole is finally back in the pool!  He had his first swim lesson this evening and did great!  While we were waiting on deck for his class to start, he told me  I am going to say “hi, my name is Cole”.  And, when they called his name, he walked right over to his class and told me to go watch from the spectator room.  Maybe he was trying to be independent or maybe he was trying to do it all like Franny, but I was very impressed with him.  He was very at ease in the water, went under without any trouble, and seemed to pick up where he left off.  He later said that he thought it was a lot of fun, which made me happy.  He’s such an incredible little kid!

 

IMG_1996IMG_2001

0 comments

Post a Comment