The best and the worst

Posted by Trina Rae Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It always is hard when kids get sick, especially when they are as young as Delaney.  She has been struggling with a nasty fever which has reached as high as 104.  Although she has no other symptoms, I have never seen her so visibly miserable and unhappy.  Her bubbling personality and endless curiosity is only apparent under the influence of Tylenol, and even then she is only a shadow of herself.  She wants to be bundled up in her blankets, read books, and very little else.  Being sick has, however, brought out the very best in her siblings.  They have done their best to help take care of her, and Cole especially has been there to get her whatever she might need or want.  At school, Franny’s class has started writing informational letters.  Yesterday, she wrote a ‘get well’ letter to Delaney.  Her teacher thought it was so sweet, she copied it and sent it home with Franny.  It’s times like these that I get the most endearing look at how much these three love each other.  It’s amazing and wonderful—I love watching their relationships grow!

 

IMG_8866

Delaney getting a little fresh air this afternoon

 

IMG_8876

Franny’s letter to Delaney

Dear Delaney,

I hope you get better soon.  I ‘ve been having fun at school.  I got a treat at school.  I had fun at school.  You are the greatest baby sister.  I hope you can play with me. 

Love, Franny

0 comments

Post a Comment