Her favorites

Posted by Trina Rae Thursday, February 23, 2012

Delaney has quite an incredibly extensive vocabulary.  A lot of it is all her--what she has learned and now uses very articulately.  And then there are some other words and phases that she has picked up from Franny and Cole.  While she does use them with a confidence that I find quite admirable, her true understanding of what she is saying doesn't quite measure up.

The most recent example of these is describing things as her "favorites".  This really isn't surprising--since Delaney could sit up and look at catalogues with Franny, she was being asked to pick a favorite, and in some cases being told which one was a favorite.  Lately, however, she has begun to describe everything as her favorite.  Purple?  Oh, yes...I like purple....purple is my favorite!  And, depending on the day, bananas are her favorite fruit, she has a favorite dress, a favorite stuffed animal, a favorite book...the list is endless. 

I guess at least we do know what she likes.  And, I do love that she has such a positive outlook that she is fixated on these things, rather than things she doesn't like.

Today, she gave me a big smile and said You are my favorite mommy.

Lucky me!





0 comments

Post a Comment