Some things we missed

Posted by Trina Rae Friday, February 17, 2012

There have been few blogs the last few weeks.  Not that there is nothing happening, but there is just so much happening that I have had difficulty keeping up.

A couple of weeks ago, I took Delaney to the emergency room at 1:30 am because after waking several times it was clear she was having trouble breathing.  At times like this, I am extremely thankful that we live so close to a major hospital.  I wasn't that concerned--we had a similar incident when Franny had croup, and I assumed that it was something similar.  After two oxygen treatments (she was at 89%, where she should have been in the upper 90s) and x-rays to rule out pneumonia, it was determined that she had a childhood respiratory virus that settled deep in her lungs. 

By the time we administered the second oxygen treatment, she had become a pro, and was actually having fun with her dinosaur inhaler.  She was giggling and smiling while I was falling asleep waiting waiting for it to finish up.  We headed home around 3 am.

We are so thankful that this turned out to be just a virus and that Delaney remains to be a very healthy, happy little girl.  But, I am still baffled why these incidents always happen in the middle of the night!


0 comments

Post a Comment