Family

Posted by Trina Rae Monday, February 6, 2012



I don't know the last time I went a week without updating the Trio blog.  But, unfortunately sometimes certain things just need to be put on hold.  The kids' grandma had surgery a week ago for cancer.  the journey before her is tremendous, but she has already shown such courage, determination, and grace, that I can only imagine the best possible outcome.

It is a definitive time for us as a family.  We are a strong family--we've had so many happy times and experiences that have brought us together.  These three amazing kids are the newest members of our family, but they have done so much to bring all of us closer together.  Their grandma has been an enormous part of that, and have given so much in so many ways.  Now, it is our turn to give back to her.   That is what family is all about.  That's easy to say when things are going well, but it's when something like this comes about that our strength is tested.

These three are amazing kids.  This last week, as I have gone back and forth from the hospital on a daily basis, these three have pulled together and adapted better than I could ever have hoped.  It has been an incredible help to not have to worry about them during the times that I was gone.  When Rick was here, it was easy, as he immediately picked up my load--helping with homework, fixing meals, cleaning the house, and making sure the kids were happy and distracted from my absence.  Once he left on his business trip, it was harder because their care landed with three different babysitters over the last three days.  While I am sure they had fun, these kids are used to routine and haven't even had one babysitter since August, much less three!   But, they were amazing and handled it all really well--never cried or complained and just did what needed to be done.  They are such great kids.

We don't know what will happen in the future, but I do know we will face it with courage, determination, and love.  Grandma and Grandpa were (are) my teachers and now I will teach Franny, Cole, and Delaney.  That's our family.  We are so blessed.

0 comments

Post a Comment