Valentines!

Posted by Trina Rae Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Things have been very busy around our house the last couple of weeks.  Valentines just weren't on the 'must do' list--that is, until February 13th.  Cole has been working so hard on his writing, I really wanted to give him the opportunity to write out his Valentines cards, if he wanted to.  But, with 27 cards (including teachers) to write and one afternoon (after school) to do it, I really thought he would only be up for signing his name 27 times.  But, he really wanted to write out everyone's names, as well.  He started at the top of the list (he can read all their names by himself) and powered through them all.  Then, after doing that, he addressed the envelopes, too!  I was so impressed with his focus, his hard work, and especially his handwriting!  The last was as neatly written as the first.  He has gotten a lot of complements on his handwriting from his teachers, but to see all his Valentines laid out, I was blown away at what a great job he did.  I love the way he amazes me every day with his writing, as well as his phonics.  I am so proud of him!



0 comments

Post a Comment