Dragonflies

Posted by Trina Rae Monday, September 26, 2011

Cole is settling into his third week in his Pre-K classroom.  Although he has always enjoyed school, it has never been his favorite thing.  Because of that, I was a little concerned that he wouldn't adjust to his new three day week and the ramped up academic focus.  His preschool classroom definitely had similar subjects and school work, but not at the same level and definitely not with the same expectations.  But, he is responding really well to his new environment.  He really likes the tennis and Mandarin classes, and his teachers are really wonderful.  This past week, we even have started to spend about 15 minutes a day on homework, which he has tolerated, much to my surprise!  And, even though it's not his favorite thing to do, just those 15 minutes have already resulted in significant improvements in his writing.  We don't make a big deal about the homework, as I really want to keep school fun for him, but I am really proud of his efforts and results.  I am excited to see how his year progresses--I think it's going to be a great one!



0 comments

Post a Comment