Pinkalicious

Posted by Trina Rae Saturday, November 5, 2011

I love the one-on-one time I spend with all of the kids.  Anytime I have just one, even if it is just for an hour, I make the most of that time. This works out regularly with Delaney and Cole, but to have any time with Franny I have to plan it.  It is always worth it, because we always have a great time and we both see it as extra-special time.  And, today, was our day!  Months ago, when I saw that the Oregon Children's Theater was putting on the musical Pinkalicious, I knew I had to take Franny.  She has always loved this series of books, including Silvericious, which she picked up at the school book fair a couple of weeks ago.  As much as I cherish my one-on-one time with Franny, I knew this was the kind of outing that would be even more fun with a friend, so I invited one of her friends and her mom to join us.  I am so glad I did--they sat and held hands, giggled, and whispered through the whole production, loving every minute of it.  After the musical, we walked down to the Starbucks at Pioneer Square and the girls enjoyed hot chocolate and a doughnut.  They never stopped talking, which gave me a chance to catch up with her friend's mom.  Even though I shared my day with Franny with others, it was worth it--it was one of those days where she glowed and smiled the entire time.  And, those are my favorite kinds of days. 

 

IMG_4080

 IMG_4104

0 comments

Post a Comment