Reading time

Posted by Trina Rae Friday, November 4, 2011

I set up this bookcase to house all the wonderful books the kids have accumulated, because they just were no longer organized in a way that they were easy to access.  Franny immediately brought down all of their chairs and in within minutes they were all sitting quietly and reading/looking at books.  All of the kids love books, and it was clear that this was definitely a good addition to their downstairs space.  Over the last few weeks, we have gradually established the last 20-30 minutes before bedtime for personal reading time.  It's a great wind down for these three very active kids, and they don't ever complain, so I think they do like it.  This is now my favorite little kids area in our house--I do love that the focus is books, but what I love the most is that it is one that they created themselves!


0 comments

Post a Comment