Delaney the puzzler

Posted by Trina Rae Friday, January 20, 2012

I love doing jigsaw puzzles, so I don't doubt that this has influenced the kids.  Both Franny and Delaney love to do puzzles.  Cole has done his fair share, but it has never been his first choice for an activity.  This horse puzzle is Delaney's absolute favorite.  I bet she has put it together close to 100 times.  It's not extremely difficult, but it is fairly large with a lot of different things to sort out.  With 36 pieces, it's definitely a step above the puzzles that are made for kids Delaney's age.  I used to make little piles of each horse section for her, but now I don't have to do that--she does it on her own.  It's fascinates me how quickly Delaney learns new things, especially ahead of the timeline that Franny and Cole learned similar things.  I know part of it is that she has two older siblings, but I think there is part of it that is just Delaney.    She is extremely observant, adaptive, and quick to learn.  I can't wait to see what this next year has in store for her--or rather, what she has in store for it!




0 comments

Post a Comment