Try, try again

Posted by Trina Rae Thursday, January 19, 2012

Today Delaney and Cole joined their playgroup friends for a morning ice skating.  I knew this would be a challenge, as Delaney has never skated and Cole skated once over a year ago.  But, sometimes it is good to stretch beyond our comfort zone and just go for it.  Thankfully, one of the playgroup moms helped a lot trying to teach Cole some basics as I held on to Delaney.  Cole was amazing!  He tried his very best, and never gave up.  He must of fallen over 50 times, but each time he got up and started skating again.  He never complained and insisted on trying on his own without help.  I was very proud of him.  We made it around the rink two times--this took just over an hour--although the second time around was much quicker than the first.  Delaney, however, wasn't as adventurous and was ready to be done early on.  In the end, I was so glad we went.  Cole impresses me every day on so many levels, but I think today Cole impressed himself.  And, that makes me very happy.   Needless to say, there are no action shots of today's adventure, as I was holding onto Delaney with two hands the entire time, but I did get this one picture before we headed out onto the ice.




0 comments

Post a Comment