Where did the weekend go?

Posted by Trina Rae Sunday, January 29, 2012

Last week was busy.  We sat down together as a family for dinner only twice--different activities had us fragmented and on the go for most of the week.  And, while it was good things that kept us busy--kindergarten round-up and the new math workshop for parents, as well as my yoga night, it was nice to have a relaxed weekend together, with only Cole having a birthday party to go to.  The kids seem to really like it when we have these down weekends.  

The main activities for the weekend were building forts, having tea parties, and watching Scooby Doo Goes To Hawaii.  Twice.  There was a lot of dress-up, Cars 2 reenactments, and a beautiful, sunny Saturday allowed the kids to play outside and ride bikes.  Pathetic programming standards aside, it was a good weekend for everyone.  Although I must say they did love their Scooby Doo movie.  And, I don't ever remember Franny laughing so hard as when she watched Scooby Doo do the hula.   

As much as I hate to say it, Franny laughing in hysterics over Scooby Doo was, hands-down, the highlight of my weekend.  I could listen to her laugh all day long.  And, if it takes ridiculous Scooby Doo movies to do it...well...I guess I can accept that.  

Scooby snack, anyone?


Franny helping Rick fix a trunk leak

0 comments

Post a Comment