A clean slate

Posted by Trina Rae Thursday, January 14, 2010

030

 

Since I started the Trio blog, I’ve been quite forthcoming that we definitely have good and bad days.  Managing a family of three children under five years is a continuous balancing act and test of patience.  These terms sound very cliché, but there is nothing else that so accurately conveys my state of mind on an ongoing basis. Determining what trade-offs are going to be made every day is my biggest challenge and one that frequently leaves me unsettled.  I stand by my decisions but my personal confidence in those choices is not always steadfast.  At the end of each day, I am learning not to dwell on what mistakes I may have made, but to learn, move forward, and start the next day wiser.  I’m not interested in surviving each day.  I want to create an environment for my children that encompasses fun, love, respect, empathy, and the importance of family.  I’m interested in living each day.  With this in mind, I think we have fewer and fewer bad days.  And, if we do, then we regroup and go to bed focusing on the positives.  The next day is a clean slate.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Labels